Sunday, September 10, 2006

Prelude

"You think too much," a friend once complained to me a few years ago. "I find it incredibly irritating." Ouch. I haven't been able to forget my friend's observation (clearly giving credence to her claim) and it may be the reason why I've decided to pursue a PhD in History. As such, I am currently a student at the University of Western, and I am auditing a course on Digital History - an intriguing subject because it acknowledges a more relevant medium of pursuing the past...and relevancy is key in a world where books, the time-honoured vehicles for disseminating ideas, are increasingly challenged by the rapidity and convenience of the Internet. I'll be using this blog to note my progress during the course, and who knows, maybe I will expand its uses once the semester ends. Hmmm...I'll have to think about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home